Camping & facilities
Camping de l’Ardan is located on an island, enclosed by the River Ardan and the Canal du Nivernais in the sunny department of Nièvre in the region of Bourgogne. On our left-hand side we find cows on sloping hills. On our right-hand side we find the small characteristic village of Chaumot. We offer you a holiday on a camping with less than fifty places, where nature, peace and conviviality are key elements.
You will not find enclosed camping pitches at Camping de l’Ardan. What we do offer, is a beautiful area, surrounded by water, where magnificent trees provide you with shade. In consultation with Robert or Chiel you can choose your own pitch, after which you can enjoy a well-deserved holiday. If you want to make sure there is a pitch left for you, please contact us in advance.
Fresh bread, delivered every day by the local bakery, is available if ordered at least one day in advance.
In high season our bistro is opened 6 days a week. Drinks are available from 16:00 hrs and dinner from 18:00 hrs. There is a small changing menu with, among other things, a good piece of steak and a delicious salad.
In 2020, the sanitary facilities have had a minor makeover so that everything is neat and fresh again. The building has several showers and toilets. You can also use one of the washbasins. At the sanitary building you can find hot water for your dishes or laundry. There is also a toilet and shower for wheelchair users. We do not have coin-operated showers, so you can shower as long as you like. If you use a chemical toilet, you can empty it in a special bin at the sanitary building.
It is worth mentioning that we own several traditional wringer washers. But if you prefer more convenience, you can also use a modern washing machine. The sanitary facilities are cleaned two times a day.
- There is a solid WiFi connection available in the bistro and on the terrace. We are currently working on improving the WiFi connection throughout the camping.
- At the reception you can find several cycling and hiking routes or ideas for a fun day out, like a trip to Vézelay, a visit to a flea market or a shopping trip to Dijon.
- Is a French camping without a pétanque court even a French camping? Our pétanque court has been refurbished this year and is ready for you to use.
- You are allowed to fish at our camping, if you are in the possession of a fishing license.
- You can borrow DVDs, books and games at the reception.
- The pleasant town of Corbigny is only 3 km away. Here you will find several supermarkets, shops and garages. There is market once a week.
- Dogs are very welcome at our camping, but must be kept on a leash when on-site. Our two cats are walking around the camping and we also own a dog.
- Separated waste can be deposited at the front of the camping.
You can find our terms and conditions here.